20 One-On-One & Group Zoom Career & College Planning, Career Development, Job Acquisition and Career Advancement Sessions
We offer 20 One-On-One and group zoom career & college planning, career development, job acquisition strategy and career advancement mentoring sessions. Please peruse 20 topics and select the ones you would like to discuss. Your company has paid for you to meet with Dr. Mulligan or a member of his staff to discuss the topics most important to you. Dr. Mulligan’s profile is at the end of this report. The zoom sessions are also for members of your family or colleagues.
(Session Number One)
“Learning & Executing a Career Planning and Management Process to End Up Where You Want to Be in Your Career and Life”
You will learn and execute the Route 5 Career Pathway Plan, a career planning and management process that you can implement until you retire. You will also take our Career Planning and Management Competency Survey and we will discuss what you know and don’t
know about career planning and management.
(Participants will receive a pdf copy of the book Your Route 5 Career Pathway Plan & the Career Planning & Mgt. Competency Survey.)
(Session Number Two)
“Finding & Working with a Mentor to Plan and Advance Your Career”
We will discuss how young adults can find and work with a number of mentors. We will discuss The Triangle Mentoring Team Model. A
parent will be the Self-Manager Mentor, a professional will serve as the Career Pathway Mentor and you will have a number of Career
Specialist Mentors that will educate you about their industry and functional area and help you complete the tasks in your Route 5
Career Pathway Plan to advance career. This is a program that can help a person plan and manage a successful career journey.
(Participants will receive a pdf copy of My Career Mentor and Me)
(Session Number Three)
“Implement a Career, College and Life Preparation Program in High School”
Dr. Mulligan wrote this program manual so a mentee or high school student could complete the tasks in the book each year to meet
Career, College and Life Preparation objectives. Those who meet the objectives each year are labeled a Champion Performer. A teacher or counselor can implement this program in a class room beginning freshman year. The program can be fun and will better prepare students for what will be facing them after high school. We can also create the program here, monitor it and present the award.
(Session Number Four)
“Identify What is Dissatisfying You in High School and Home and Implement a Plan to Become More Satisfied”
High school students will take our High School Satisfaction Survey and we will discuss the results of their survey as well as anything else that is worrying them or making them unhappy. We will work with them to develop and implement a plan to improve their situation.
(Session Number Five)
“Selecting the Right Career Field and Career Preparation Program”
Learning About Self- We will discuss your career aspiration and the results of your taking the Jackson Vocational Interest Blank, Work
Task Preference Survey, Mulligan Personality Assessment, MBTI, Work Values & Skill Assessment Survey.
Learning About World of Work- We will review the different work sectors, industries, functional areas and positions. You will have the
opportunity to talk to career specialty mentors about their industry.
Targeting Your Career Field – We will put together what we learned and target one or several career fields where you want to work.
Identifying Career Preparation Program- (high school curriculum, college major, vocational school, certification, on job training)
(Session Number Six)
“Take the ACT and Review Your Results for a Scholarship, to Improve Academically and Choose a Career Field and College Major.”
We can give you a practice ACT test and review your four test scores in relation to:
• What you would do on the PSAT and SAT if taking both
• Obtaining a scholarship
• Identifying where you might need some tutoring and are most knowledgeable which can help you select a career field and
college major. ACT established bench marks in terms of where you are in your educational development. You want to improve
in all areas so you can obtain as many degrees as possible to place yourself where you want to be in your chosen career.
• The two million high school students who took the ACT.
(Session Number Seven)
“Select & Enroll in the “Right Fit” College at This Time”
We will cover the following topics in this session.
• Your College Selection Profile results- Identifying the most Important factors in selecting the college/university “Best” for
• ACT & SAT Scores- Identify colleges where you can succeed academically your first two years and then move into a major
• Review various college majors and how they prepare you to enter specific career fields
• Identify, investigate & apply to colleges that fit your College Selection Profile
• Colleges who could provide some financial assistance.
• Applying and Enrolling in the “Best Fit College” at this time
(You will receive pdf copy of Selecting and Attending the Right College(s) to Launch Your Career)
(Session Number Eight)
“Execute Five Goal College Plan to Graduate in 4 Years Employed”
We will discuss Dr. Mike Mulligan’s book Your Five Goal College Plan which identifies the landmines of college and why 66% of college
students graduate in six years without a job in their major field. The Plan, laid out in the book, asks you to complete specific tasks
each year to graduate in four years employed in your chosen career field. This session could save you $20,000 to $50,000.
(All participants will receive a pdf copy of The Five Goal College Plan”
(Session Number Nine)
“Identify Your Dissatisfiers with Your College and Life Situation and Implement a Plan to Become Satisfied”
College students will take our College Satisfaction Survey and we will discuss the results of the survey as well a discuss anything else that is worrying them or making them unhappy. We will work with them to develop and execute a plan to improve their situation
(Session Number 10)
“Identify Your Personal, Work Preference and Work Reward Values so You Find the Right Work Place for You.”
You will take a Personal Values Survey, a Work Preference Value Survey and Work Reward Value Survey and learn what is important to you when selecting a position and place to work. You can also have the person you are dating or spouse take these surveys to learn your similarities and differences.
(Session Number 11)
“Conduct a Strategic Job Search to Obtain Your Targeted Position”
This is for non-managers. We will cover the following steps of a job acquisition process.
1. Handling separation trauma if released from job
2. Knowing what to tell people about losing your job
3. Targeting your next position- work sector, industry, functional area and position- many people don’t’ know what their next
position should be
4. Branding yourself properly on resume and marketing materials
5. Identifying your references and keeping them Informed.
6. Obtaining Interviews
• Establishing and working with your network of mentors
• Establish job search group to help discover leads
• Know where the jobs are posted- We list them on website
• Conduct informational interviews to sell self
• Contact recruiters that focus on your salary range and industry/functional area
7. Prepare self for interviews and negotiating the offer
You will receive two pdf books:
• Five Goal College Plan
• Moving Out and Moving Up
(Session Number 12)
“Create Resumes & Marketing Materials to Obtain Interviews/Offers”
We will discuss the type of resumes and marketing materials you should create to gain interviews and offers when unemployed as well
to advance yourself in the company where you are employed. You will receive two pdf books with sample materials.
• Five Goal College Plan
• Moving Out and Moving Up
(Session Number 13)
“Prepare for Informational & High Stress Interviews to Obtain Offers”
We will review the steps of selling yourself in both informational and high stress interviews. We will put you through a high stress
interview taping your body language & how you answer & ask questions. We will review the tape together discussing how you can
improve in certain areas to gain offers.
You will receive the following two pdf books that discuss selling self in interview.
• Five Goal College Plan
• Moving Out and Moving Up
(Session Number 14)
“Managers Excelling as a Team Unit Leader and One-On-One Career Mentor
and Performance Facilitator to Develop “Best in Field” Players, Departments and Organizations”
This session is for those who want to move into management or already in management. We will discuss a strategic process that can
be implemented by managers to transform reports and departments into the “best in the field”.
We will discuss the Team Achievement Motivation Program ,Triangle Team Leadership Model, and how to be an effective One-On-One
Career Mentor and Performance Facilitator. These model programs, if implemented with reports, will transfer them into the “Best in Their Field” and the Department “Best in its Functional Area”. Participants will receive the following pdf books Excelling as a Team
Leader and Sharpening My One-On-One Helping Communication and Performance Facilitation Skills.
(Session Number 15)
“Work with Your Manager to Transform Yourself and Department into the “Best in Your Field
We will cover the Triangle Team leadership Model and One-On-One Career Mentor and Performance Facilitator process during this
session so you learn how you and your manger can work together to be the “best in your career field” and advance. You should know that more people get ahead in their career by helping their boss rise to the top in management. If they like you, they take you with them.
(Session Number 16)
“Assess Self and Learn How to Play Two Leadership Roles; A Team Unit/Project Leader and Team Member Leader
When you work for a company or a member of any organization, you will have the opportunity to play two leadership roles, the Team
Player Leader and Team Unit Leader. You will fill out the assessments in the book Stepping Up as a Leader in Your Organization and we will discuss your results as they relate to playing the role of a Team Player Leader and Team Unit Leader.
(You will receive the pdf book Stepping Up as a Leader which
helps you analyze yourself as a Team Unit Leader & Team Member Leader)
(Session Number 17)
“Identify Dissatisfiers in Work Place & Implement Improvement Plan ”
We will give you a work satisfaction survey that measures your satisfaction and dissatisfaction with your present situation and will
discuss what you can do to become more satisfied with where you are today. We will also measure if your present situation motivates
you, meets your needs and provides the rewards you want, (You will take a number of assessments and results will be discussed)
(Session Number 18)
“Moving Out of Your Organization & Moving Up in Another”
We will discuss the reasons why employees fail on the job and have to move out. We will also review a five phase career transitioning
process that is in Dr. Mulligan’s book Moving Out and Moving Up. Over 2,500 executives and managers in the Mulligan & Associates outplacement program executed this process to gain new employment and excel in their new position.
We will supply a pdf copy of this book Moving Out and Moving Up
(Session Number 19)
“Becoming a Successful Entrepreneur”
Many people want to be their own boss. You might want to start or buy a business or franchise. What are the land mines and benefits of
owning and managing your own business? You can discuss your idea for a business and we can review your business plan. If you have no business plan, we will discuss how you can develop one.
(Session Number 20)
“Planning to Work as Long as You Want to Work”
Companies are not providing pensions like they use to do. This means that employees have to invest their 401k money wisely and
might have to work to 65 or longer before they can retire. We will discuss how the Route 5 Career Pathway Plan can help you develop a plan to help you stay working as long as you want to work..
Dr. Mulligan has been working as a career consultant for more than 40 years counseling over 2,500 individuals and has seen it more difficult for those over 60 to land new positions. This means developing a plan to stay employed and pay your bills until you can retire.
Profile of Dr. Michael V. Mulligan
• Obtained a Ph.D. in counseling, assessment, group work and wrote dissertation on “Developing Leaders”- U of Georgia
• Obtained an M.A. in counseling and student personnel in higher education at Michigan State University
• Wrote eight books with assessments which are in 20 sessions
• Chairman of the State of Georgia College Night Program
• Fellow Manager for Institute of Career Certification International
• Certified to teach the Achievement Motivation Program
• Chairman of Alma College Career Advisory Council
• Served on Association of Career Outplacement Firm Board-Wrote job description for a Career Outplacement Consultant
• High School Teacher and Football and Baseball Coach
• Academic Advisor at Michigan State University
• Counselor in Georgia Tech Counseling Center & Asst. Dean
• Assistant Dean of Admissions & Director of Orientation at the University of Georgia- Chairman State College Night Program
• Midwest Director for the American College Testing Program
• Management Development Director for Century 21
• Owner and CEO of Mulligan & Associates, a career consulting firm that has helped over 7,500 individuals with career planning
and employment- www.mulligancareerconsulting.com
• Mentored over 3,000 senior executives, managers, non-managers and young adults and 150 franchise owners.
• All conference in football and basketball in high school-inducted in Hall of Fame six times and named Athlete of Year
• All MIAA in baseball two years at Alma College, MIAA Batting Champion, Hall of Fame and named Athlete of the Year
• Alumni of the Year at Alma College because he helped hundreds of Alma College students interview for jobs in Chicago.
Call Dr. Mike Mulligan at 847 533-1648 or text him at firstname.lastname@example.org for a conversation