Books and Assessments
Books That Will Help You Plan & Manage Your Career
College, Employment & Life Journey
We listed on www.mulligancareerconsulting.com books and assessments to help you plan and manage your career, college, employment and life journey. We charge $5 for each pdf book which includes assessments you can take, score and discuss in a team situation or with a career mentor, counselor or parent. Click on "Pre-Order Book" to pre-order a Pdf or soft cover copy of a book. We put the price of a soft cover by the book which pays for printing plus shipping and handling costs. If a group orders a number of the same book, the less each soft cover book will cost.
Two Career Knowledge Competency Books
Assessing What You Know and Do Not Know About Planning Your Career and College, Employment and Life Journey
Book One (H.S. Career & College Competency Survey)-PDF $5 This book asks you to review and rate your knowledge level on 15 career and college planning topics. You can then read and discuss the information in this book on the topics you would like to know more about with parents, in a class room situation or with a mentor. Soft cover book $22
Book Two (College Career, Graduation, Employment and Life Planning Competency Survey)-PDF $5. This book asks you to review and rate your knowledge level on 21 topics. You then read and discuss the information in this book on the topics you would like to know more about with parents, in a class room situation or with a mentor. Soft cover book $28
Your Lifelong Career Planning & Management Book
Book Three. (My Career Mentor and Me- Executing The Route 5 Career Pathway Plan) Pdf $5– You can work with your designated Career Pathway Mentor, your counselor in high school or college, in a class room setting with a teacher, a grandparent or manager at work to identify and complete tasks that helps you meet Five “P” Career Growth Goals each year so you can advance to your ultimate career and life position.
• Positioning self on the right career pathway and staying on the right career pathway,
• Preparing self for chosen career pathway and future targeted positions
• Placing self in targeted career positions on chosen career pathway
• Performing at a high level completing identified tasks to meet your Five “P” Career
Growth Goals and Organization Objectives
• Personal satisfaction with your performance and situation (PDF $5)- multiple
assessments in book- Soft cover book is $30
Three Books for High School and College Students,
Administrators, Parents and Career Pathway Mentors
Book Four (The High School Career, College and Life Preparation Program)- Operating as a Champion Performer-Students identifies 10 objective a year they need to meet to
advance themselves for their career, college and life journey. If they meet seven, they are recognized as a Champion Performer. Career Pathway Mentors can use this document with mentee or teachers can use this document in their class at start of the year to help students prepare themselves for their journey. (PDF $5) Soft cover book is $17
Book Five (Selecting and Attending Colleges That Will Help You Launch Your Career Journey)- Helps a student develop a College Selection Profile and then he/she can google their target colleges by state for information. Career Mentor can use this document with mentee or it can be done in a class or with parents. (PDF $5) – Soft cover book is $18
Book Six (The Five Goal College Plan)- A book that can help a high school senior or college student become a self and career manager and execute a college plan to graduate in four years with a job in targeted career field. This book describes a great job finding process and has sample resumes and letters plus interviewing questions with
answers. (PDF $5)- Soft cover book is $26
Six Books for Those Working or Unemployed- $5
Book Seven (Assessing Myself as a Leader and Becoming One) Everyone is asked to step up as a Team Unit Leader, Team Member Leader and Leader by Example on the job at some point in time. You can take the assessments in this book and learn where you can improve as a Team Unit Leader, Team Member Leader and Leader by Example. Many people have been released because they did not know when and how to play these leadership roles. You are assessed in six areas. (PDF $5) Soft cover is $18
Book Eight (Being Best in Our Field)- This book helps a team unit leader and team members implement a step by step approach to build a “best in field organization” (PDF $5). Soft cover book is $27.
Book Nine (Excelling as a Team Unit Leader and One-On-One Manager) This is one of the best books a team unit leader can own. It describes a four phase process that transforms the unit leader into the best in management, team members best in their field, the unit best in its functional area and the organization best in its industry. The team unit leader can use the Route 5 Career Pathway Plan here to help reports be
best at present position and future positions. Multiple assessments in book (PDF$5)) Soft cover book is $27
Book 10 (Sharpening My One-One-One Helping Communication and Performance Facilitation Skills) –Book has assessments that measure where a person is functioning
as a helping communicator and performance facilitator and then helps person improve their functioning level in these areas. We now live in a technological world. Individuals need to have good attending, listening and responding skills today to help colleagues, friends and organizations solve problems and develop and execute plans to advance. (PDF$5) Soft cover book is $20
Book 11- (Moving Out and Moving Up) This is a book that Mulligan & Associates, a career consulting firm, has used with over 4,000 clients. It helps individuals work through the separation trauma of being let go and then targeting and obtaining their next position and excelling in the new position. Offers multiple assessments (PDF $5) Soft cover book is $32
Book 12 (Over 300 Questions You Can Ask or Be Asked in an Interview) These are questions you can ask if interviewing someone for a job or be asked if you are being interviewed. (Pdf book $5) Soft cover book is $22.
Assessments to Help You Learn About Self
We describe 26 assessments below. Most are in the PDF books where you can take and self-score them. You can discuss your results with your Career Pathway Mentor,
parent, counselor, teacher or manager at work. You can contact Dr. Mulligan who charges $50 to review your assessment results from the books and $15 to score an
assessment and discuss it. Contact Dr. Mike Mulligan at 847 533-1648 or text him at: email@example.com to work with him.
Assessments to Help You Plan & Manage Your Career
1. The 15 Topic High School Career and College Competency Survey- In *Book One, High School Career and College Competency Survey and Information”
2. The 21 Topic College Career, Graduation and Employment Competency Survey- Found
In Book Two, College Career, Graduation and Employment Competency Survey and Information.
3. The 100 Topic Career Management Competency Survey Found in Book Seven- The Five Goal College Plan Assessment Covers Knowledge Level in Six Areas
• Fulfillment 1
4. The Route 5 Career Pathway Task Survey- Helps an Individual Learn What Tasks They Need to Complete to Meet Five “P” Career Growth Goals in Model- Found in
the Book Three My Career Mentor and Me
5. The Mulligan Leadership Personality Assessment- This survey assesses eight personality traits.
• Competitiveness- measure your want to achieve
• Determination- measures willingness to achieve
• Independent- can perform tasks alone
• Detailed- on top of things
• Patient- don’t blow up easily, cool under fire
• Innovative- creative
• Helpful- bring out ideas of others
• Collaborative-team player
In Book Seven Five Goal College Plan and Book Eight Assessing Self as a Leader and Becoming One
6. The Self Manager Assessment- need to know areas where you need to improve as a Self Manager- Book Seven- The Five Goal College book
7. The Personal Value Survey- what are your highest personal values? Are they the same as your parents, friends, those you date, spouse or colleagues at work?
Books Seven & Eight- Five Goal College Plan and Assessing Myself as a Leader
8. The Work Task Preference Survey- tasks you like doing most at work- helps you with career direction-Book Eight-Assessing Myself as a Leader and Becoming One
9. The Work Reward Preference Survey- What rewards do you want to obtain from each position or job you hold? In Book Eight- Assessing Myself as a Leader.
10.The High School Satisfaction Survey- measures your satisfaction with your present high school situation In Book Five – High School Career, College and Life
11.The College Selection Profile Assessment- Ranking what is most important to you in selecting a college. In Book Six- Selecting and Enrolling in Right College
12. The College Satisfaction Survey- measures your satisfaction with your present college situation In Book Seven- Five Goal College Plan
13. The Work Place Satisfaction Survey -measures your satisfaction with your present work situation In Book Seven- Five Goal College Plan
14. E.Q, Assessment Survey (social & personal maturity)- key to developing personal power and career advancement- In Book 10- Excelling as a Team Leader
15. The Helper Communication Assessment Survey- Measures where you are functioning as a helper and discusses how you can improve in the weak areas. In
Book 11- Sharpening My Helping Communication Skills
16. The Performance Facilitator Assessment Survey- Learning to help individuals set and meet objectives
Book 11- Sharpening My Helping Communication Skills
17. Leadership & Management Task Assessment Survey- Learning skill level to perform certain team unit and management tasks and then improve yourself-Find
in Book 10- Excelling as a Team Leader
18. The Group Leadership Assessment Survey- assessing how you lead a group of people-Find in Book 10- Excelling as a Team Leader
19. Your Behavior in Groups- learning your behavior in groups- How do you behave in groups when not leading. Do you become a team member? Find in Book Eight- Assessing Self as a Leader
20. The Self Actualization Survey- Identifying if your Five “S” needs of Herzberg are being met? Survival, Security, Social, Self Esteem and Self Actualization
Find in Book 10- Excelling as a Team Leader
21. Herzberg’s Motivation Assessment- Learning What Motivates You. Book 12 Moving Out and Moving Out
22. The Skill Competency Survey – assessing yourself on 100 skills and identifying where you need to improve In Book Eight- Assessing Self as a Leader
23. The Entrepreneur Assessment- An assessment to measure you as an entrepreneur- Book 12- Moving Out and Moving Up
24. The Myers Briggs Type Indicator- helps you understand your personality and those that report to you. You can make better career decisions and learn the personality make up of your team unit so you can build team cohesiveness and hire people who fit the
personality dynamics of your team unit. Not in any books- $15 Contact Dr. Mike Mulligan
25. The Jackson Vocational Interest Blank- helps you understand your highest career interests. $15 Not in books. Contact Dr. Mike Mulligan- 847 533-1648
26. Your Helping Communication Functional Level 20 Statements Made to You by Someone Who Needs to Overcome a Problem or Situation. Not in books-$15
Contact Dr. Mike Mulligan- 847 533-1648
Most of the assessments are in the books where you can take and self-score them and then discuss the results with your career mentor, parents, manager or Dr. Mike Mulligan.
If the assessments you want to take are not found in the books you have reviewed, contact Dr. Mulligan 847 533-1648 or text him at firstname.lastname@example.org with your choices, He will email you the assessments you want to take. Complete them and then email your results to him for scoring. He will send you the results and arrange a time and date to discuss them. He charges $15 to score an assessment and $50 to
discuss your assessment results with you which could be three or more.